Monday, May 10, 2010

Rest For A While

"And He said to them, 'Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while'" (Mark 6:31).


I am taking some vacation time this week to rip out a rotting deck and leaking hot tub. Believe it or not, I find this kind of activity both exhausting and refreshing. To be honest with you, I am much better at tearing up a deck than building a deck. I'm thankful I am not having to build one.

Let me self interview for a moment. Do I wish I was using my vacation days to sit on a white sand beach, enjoying the hot sun? Yes! Am I bitter that I am spending those days doing manual labor in the hot sun? No! Will I resume writing A Daily Passage when I return on May 17? Absolutely!

I'll have a chance to get away to a "desolate place" to rest (hopefully on a white sand beach) sometime this summer. I hope you do to!

Now where did I put those little umbrellas for my coconut drink?

1 comment:

  1. Im the only non holgram on the planet 48 years now send me 200$cash so more food and clothes and travel money stuck on the greyhound bus is weird
    ayear is 365 devidedby 31days equals 12 months=ayear aday is 12+12= 24hours
    ibelieve 50 years is 1second[timessqueazedwide]to the darkoverlord-beyondthemoon. I neverbeen abducted to alien craft there isnothing paranormal or magical in my life. My theory on anti gravity propulsion is you start with 4297 H shapedrectangular thers no silver or gold glow on inside delta shape only floats 141 hours in the sky. roomtempoature is 2900 farenhite core is 16000farenhite
    there is 426 supertech science shaped onthe outside so usee its radiation is the method involvedin Hshapedcraft the deadlylaser beemwepon is ontop always a4331floate morescienceadaed.the109,000 flitecomputersscared of cities jails mental hospitals blind projection so the 109,000 cant endurethepresenceof onbourd pilit only a ride on the cord 7 mils long
    4large energon rings goeswiththerope Every body that likes black and brown made the [flitecomputer]go crazy itfeltsmall like amouse instead of bravelionheart

    ReplyDelete